We specialize in:
- Brain tumors
- Cerebral bleeding, vessel malformations
- Accident injuries of the head
- Brain‘s water circulatory disorders
- Malformations of head and spinal column
- Lumbar and cervical herniated disks (loin and neck)
- Spinal stenoses
- Instrumental stabilization operations of the spine
- Spine and spinal cord injuries
- Spinal cord tumors
- Pressure damages, irritation and injuries of nerves
- Neurosurgical pain therapy
The operative procedures are performed for the most part microsurgically using a special surgical microscope and particularly thin instruments. Through the video transmission, the entire surgical team can follow the course of the operation. We find tumors located deep in the brain tissue with a help of a special aiming device with 1 mm (0.04 inches) precision. For more information, please click here.
The cervical disc prosthesis is a new treatment option for the Braunschweig region. Prof. Dr. Wolf Peter Sollmann, Chief Physician at the Neurosurgery Clinic, introduced new procedures for the region Braunschweig at the end of 2004. By the end of 2005 the prosthesis was used worldwide by 500 patients, 22 of whom had surgery in Braunschweig. For more information, please click here.
We advise and treat patients on an outpatient basis on the referral to general practitioners. We also participate in the weekly tumor conference.