The spectrum of medical services of the Medical Clinic V covers the entire field of internal medicine with care centers for the diagnostics and therapy of renal and hypertensive heart disease.
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Immunologically induced inflammation of the renal corpuscles (glomerulonephritis) and diseases of the renal connective tissue (interstitial nephritis)
- Immunological diseases of small and large blood vessels (vasculitis)
- Renal involvement in the rheumatic syndrome diseases (e.g., systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Hormonal (endocrine) disorders of the kidneys, adrenal gland and parathyroid glands
- Metabolic bone diseases
- Kidney-related sequelae of diabetes
- Сlarification of causes and treatment of high blood pressure (hypertonus)
Most of the necessary examinations (B-image sonography, Doppler and duplex sonography, echocardiography, long-term blood pressure measurement, blood gas analysis, urine microscopy) are carried out by our doctors directly at the station. All further examinations can be carried out at other sites of the Braunschweig Clinic.
For patients with renal impairment and dialysis-requiring patients we also offer:
- Semi-inpatient hemodialysis with all procedures (hemodialysis, hemofiltration, hemodiafiltration)
- All procedures of peritoneal dialysis, including center dialysis (IPD)
- A training and the long-term care to self-performed hemimodialysis for fit patients
- All forms of acute dysfunction with intermittent and continuous treatment for patients with acute renal failure
- The implementation of the protein exchange treatment (plasmapheresis) for certain autoimmune diseases
- The preparation, coordination and follow-up of kidney transplants in collaboration with the transplanting hospitals (Medizinische Hochschule Hannover (Hannover Medical School) and (Nephrologisches Zentrum Niedersachsen Hannoversch-Münden (Nephrological Center Lower Saxony Hannoversch-Münden))
- The preparation, coordination and follow-up for the double transplantation (pancreas and kidney) of suitable patients with diabetis, also in cooperation with the Hannover Medical School / MHH
Systems of acute dialysis catheters as well as those of catheters for permanent dialysis treatment (atrial catheters, as well as Kimal and Demers catheters) are administered by doctors of our clinic in a special acute intervention area on our ward.
The operation of hemodialysis shunt and peritoneal dialysis catheter is planned and carried out in close cooperation with the Department of Vascular Surgery and the Department of Surgery.
In our outpatient clinic, patients with chronic renal diseases, for example, as a result of glomerulonephritides, vasculitides and rheumatic diseases are treated. We also take care of patients after successful kidney transplantation and people with severe hypertension.